Terms of Competition & Local Rules
Terms of Competition & Local Rules
Silkeborg Ry Golfklub, Sommervej 50, Silkeborg Denmark
Silkeborg Ry Golfklub
Sommervej 50, Silkeborg Denmark
Terms of Competition
Note: DIAC and DILAC 2020 is cancelled
Danish International Amateur Championship 2020 (Men)
Danish International Ladies Amateur Championship 2020 (Ladies)
1. Championship format
The Championship will be played by stroke play over 72 holes.
18 holes will be played Tuesday
18 holes Wednesday
18 holes Thursday
18 holes Friday.
The starting field will comprise 96 participants.
The starting field will comprise 30 participants.
After 36 holes, there is a cut down to the top 87 players and ties.
After 36 holes, there is a cut down to the top 27 players and ties.
After 54 holes, there is a cut down to the top 48 players and ties.
After 54 holes, there is a cut down to the top 15 players and ties.
In the event of a tie after the final round the winner will be decided by a sudden death playoff at hole 18 until a winner emerges.
The play will be governed by the Rules of Golf, as approved by the R&A, and such local rules as shall be approved by the Championship Committee. Questions will be settled by the Championship Committee, whose decision will be final. The competition will be deemed to close when the Championship trophy has been presented.
2.2 The Championship Committee
The Championship Committee consists of the following persons:
Mr. Niels Pein, Tournament Director
Ms. Dorte Træholt, Chairman of Committee
Ms. Lene Pein-Lorenzen, referee
Mr. Peter Pein-Lorenzen, referee
- All participants must be of Amateur Status as defined by the R&A Amateur Status as defined by the R&A.
- Handicap limit: 2.0
- Handicap limit: 5.0
Note: The handicap of participants invited by the Championship Committee may be higher than this limit.
3.2 Composition of the field
Any entrant in at least one of the following categories will be allocated a place in the starting field:
- The defending Champion
- The 45 highest ranked entrants with an R&A WAGR Ranking 1-2000 at the closing date for entries
- The 13 highest ranked entrants with an R&A WAGR Ranking 1-1500 at the closing date for entries
- The 44 entrants with lowest exact handicap
- The 13 entrants with lowest exact handicap
- The Championship Committee reserves the right of nomination of maximum 6 invitations
- The Championship Committee reserves the right of nomination of maximum 3 invitations
If entries exceed 96, entrants will be allocated to a reserve list in handicap order.
In case of less than 96 entries, the Committee reserves the right to issue further invitations.
If entries exceed 30, entrants will be allocated to a reserve list in handicap order.
In case of less than 30 entries, the Committee reserves the right to issue further invitations.
All successful entrants will appear on the participant list 12.00 CET, Thursday 4th of June 2020.
Tee times will be published not later than Thursday 25th of June 2020.
4. Entries: Form, Fee, Closing date
- All entries must be received by Silkeborg Ry Golfklub before the stipulated closing date 12.00 CET, Monday 1st of June 2020.
Danish players: Enter using Golfbox.
International players: Enter using Golfbox.
- Entry fee: DKK 1,500.00 (or € 200.00) is to be paid no later than Tuesday 16th of June 2020.
Successful entrants will receive an email confirmation containing an invoice and conditions of payment.
In case of cancellation up until a week before the championship, the entry fee will be refunded with a deduction of € 15.00 for administration. Cancellation after Tuesday 23th of June 2020 will not provide a refund.
All eligible participants must register in person at Silkeborg Ry Golfklub Monday 29th of June 2020 between 07.30 – 17.00 CET or state arrival time by e-mail or phone to Silkeborg Ry Golfklub not later than 15.00 CET, Monday 29th of June 2020.
Phone: +45 8685 3399
6. Practice privileges
Monday 29th of June 2020. Players only. Free of charge. Time booking not available that day.
If it is desirable to practice any other day, time booking is necessary, and standard green fees will apply.
7. Starting times
Tee times shall be posted on diac.dk and on the official board of Silkeborg Ry Golfklub.
Groupings for the final day are set according to the LIFO (Last In, First Out) principle.
The Championship Committee reserves the right to fix and/or alter starting times.
8. Prizes and Vouchers
The trophy shall remain in Silkeborg Ry Golfklub and the winner shall have his name engraved in the trophy. The winner shall receive a memento.
In addition vouchers shall be given to the 24 best players and those who are tied 24th., with DKR. 5.500 (app. € 740) to the winner.
In addition vouchers shall be given to the 8 best players and those who are tied 8th., with DKR. 5.500 (app. € 740) to the winner.
Total prize money: No less than DKR. 40.000,00 (app. € 5,375.00).
Total prize money: No less than DKR. 15.000,00 (app. € 2,000.00).
If in the Championship it becomes impossible to complete the Championship in accordance with the Terms of Competition because of adverse weather conditions or other circumstances which in the opinion of the Championship Committee make it impossible or impractical to do so the Championship Committee shall be empowered to vary such Terms of Competition to the extent necessary to achieve a result within the time available.
10. Publicity and Promotion; Broadcasting
The Championship Committee may arrange for (1) promotion for the Championship, for radio and television broadcasting and other exhibition and publication of the Championship or excerpts thereof in various media, including web based medias and (2) the design, manufacture and sale of merchandise that commemorate or memorialises the Championship throughout the world. Each participant consents to the use by the Championship Committee, or persons authorized by the Championship Committee, of his name, likeness voice and references to him and photographs and other images of him and his play connected with his appearance in the Championship, or any portion(s) thereof in connection with such media promotion, broadcasting and other exhibition and publication of the Championship and design, manufacture and sale of commemorative merchandise. The Championship Committee may utilize the rights granted it hereunder in connection with the promotion and/or commemorating of the 2019 Championship as well as future Championships.
The cooperation of players with authorized representative of the media is required, provided that no pre-Championship activities are required outside of those activities which are part of the Championship and provided that the player’s Championship play is not unreasonable interfered with.
11. Change of Terms of Competition
The Championship Committee reserves the right to amend the Terms of Competition for the Championship.
Ms. Dorte Træholt
Chairman, Championship Committee
Mr. Niels Pein
Unless otherwise noted, the penalty for breach of a Local Rule is the general penalty.
1. Course markings; Stakes and/or Lines
- White: Out of bounds (but see also Local Rule 2)
- Red: Penalty area
- Blue: Ground under repair
- Red or blue with green top: No play zone
2. White lined areas tying into immovable obstructions are treated as a single abnormal course condition.
3. The retaining walls in the bunkers at the 15th hole are integral parts of the course.
4. If a ball is in the penalty area at the 3rd hole, including when it is known or virtually certain that a ball that has not been found came to rest in the penalty area, and the ball crossed the margin after the green stake, the player has these relief options, each for one penalty stroke:
- Take relief under Rule 17.1 or
- As an extra option, drop a ball in the dropping zone defined by a mat located at the opposite side of the fairway. The dropping zone is a relief area under Rule 14.3.
5. The young trees identified by supporting stakes are no play zones.
Model Local Rule E-10 is in effect.
6. Clubs and Balls
- List of Conforming Driver Heads: Model Local Rule G-1 is in effect.
- List of Conforming Golf Balls: Model Local Rule G-3 is in effect.
Penalty for making a stroke with a club / at a ball in breach of Local Rule: Disqualification.
Note: An updated list of Conforming Clubs and Balls is available on www.randa.org.
7. Pace of Play (Rule 5.6)
Each hole has been given a maximum completion time based upon the length and difficulty of the hole. The maximum time allotted for the completion of 18 holes will be available prior to play from the Championship Office.
The maximum time allocated per shot is 40 seconds. 10 extra seconds are allowed for the first player to play:
- on a par three hole;
- an approach shot, and
- a chip or putt.
1 Bad Time: Verbal warning from referee
2 Bad Times: One Stroke Penalty
3 Bad Times: Additional Two Penalty Strokes
4 Bad Times: Disqualification.
8. Suspension of Play (Rule 5.7)
The following signals will be used to suspend and resume play:
- Immediate stop for imminent danger - one prolonged note of a siren
- Stop for a non-dangerous situation - three consecutive notes of a siren
- Resumption of play - two consecutive notes of a siren
Penalty for breach of rule regarding suspension of play: Disqualification.
During a round, a player or caddie must not ride on any form of motorized transportation except as authorized or later approved by the Committee. The player gets the general penalty for each hole during which there is a breach. A breach between two holes applies to the next hole.